Du är nu vid innehållet


Searching for student housing works roughly the same as when you are looking for a regular residence with us. If you are a student and are looking for a residence through our student housing guarantee, you can read more about this here.

To apply for a student residence, you must be a registered applicant and meet our requirements for approval as a new customer. From the date you register, you start collecting credits. Keep in mind that you must log in at least once a year to update your application, so you will not lose your queue. Make sure your contact information is up-to-date and updated so that we can get in touch with you if we have a home that fits your criteria!

When you write on a housing agreement, your purchase points are reset, which means that your purchase points as residents with us will be based on your contract period. Our vacant student housing is published on our website for five days. As a homeowner, you register your interest in vacant housing and you can register for a maximum of five different student housing at a time.

Before the autumn and spring term, our student housing goes to the student housing guarantee. Whether you are looking for accommodation through our student housing guarantee or in addition to the guarantee, you must be registered as a home seeker with us. Be sure to fill out that it is a student residence you are looking for.

We have some criteria that you must meet in order to stay in our student housing:

  • You must study at least 30 credits at the Linnaeus University with a place of study Kalmar.
  • You must be registered at the address to which the agreement relates.
  • You undertake to terminate your student residence and move from your home when your studies have been completed or terminated in another way. Keep in mind that student residences that are terminated on 1/3 or later are first published to the autumn student housing guarantee.

Are you a student at Linnaeus University but cannot apply for a student residence on the website? Return to us with your registration certificate or certificate of expected participation so we will help you so you can apply for student residence.

Aren’t you a student anymore?

To live in our student housing, you must be an active full-time student at Linnaeus University in Kalmar. Upon completion of your studies, your student accommodation must therefore be terminated *. If you plan to stay in Kalmar, you can apply for a regular residence with us. Your residence time is then counted as a purchase point.

If you are on sick leave, parental leave or take a leave of absence, you have the opportunity to keep your student residence for a certain period of time. It is then important that you contact Kalmarhem for more information.

* Student housing that is terminated on 1/3 or later is first published to the autumn’s student housing guarantee.

Texten uppdaterades: 1 July, 2019